Monday, January 24, 2005

Long Night

I think I'll continue the trend this weekend that Sarah and Owen have started of doing an entry on creation.

I'm sure most of you have heard that some schools in Pennsylvania did a lesson on intelligent design - basically the theory that evolution happened, but God caused it to happen. To tell you the truth, I'm a little shocked at how outraged some of these people seem. Some of the blogs I've read think any teaching in school anything contrary to evolution would be a tragedy. Honestly, evolution isn't perfect. It can have flaws like any other science conducted by humans. Any scientist would encourage thinking about evolution critically....that's how we make scientific progress.

Don't think I'm just picking on evolution. Creationism has it's flaws as well. I don't know that the two ideas are entirely contradictory. But that blog is for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home