Thursday, February 10, 2005

Don't let them fool you

Pregnancy comes with many surprises....

First, SURPRISE, we're pregnant (that's probably the biggest surprise being that the rest follow).

Morning sickness: don't let them fool you. The wife will not automatically feel better once the clock strikes noon. On the contrary, the sickness may not go away AT ALL. A few days of 24/7 illness bring the feeling that it will never end (more for her than you).

Food: If your wife eats, or drinks, it's only what sounds good. Everything else will come back up (not exclusively). It doesn't matter what time, or what it is, if she wants it your going to find it....not because of cravings or a need for it, but because it's the only thing she will eat.

I'm not complaining. I'm not the one in pain all the time. Just a warning for those of you who may not know better.

In other news, I have my first two tests next week. Pathology and physiology. Yes, I've started studying....my background isn't conducive to understanding everything the first time I hear it. Instead, it usually goes like this:
Some guy in my pathology class: "Have you started studying for the test?"
Me: "YEAH, I study for this class like every day. I don't have much of a background in biology"
Some guy: "HOLY $$$$, what are you doing in this class?!?!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i was sick all nine months of my pregnancy. Ah the memories, I was even hospitalized b/c nothing would stay down, good news is, even though your wife feels like crap and you may think the baby isn't getting enough food, it is. The baby will take from her, even if she really has nothing to give, it takes anyway...kinda a preview for the next 18 years. :-)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

morning sickness should really be called all-day sickness because it does exactly that...lasts all day long. i hope your wife feels better. i just posted about tips for morning sickness if you want to glance at my blog...
congrats to the both of you on your pregnancy! :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thx for the stories and support. Mindy and I both always like to hear from others who are/have been here.

"Sickness" is really to calm of a word to truly be descriptive. Just not quite violent enough to portray what is actually going on.

Unfortunately, we've pretty much been down the list of remedies. But, tomorrow marks week 12...so hopefully we've got some changes ahead of us.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home