Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dilemma

You may remember me talking about a frame and some other parts I bought or was given a while back to build myself a road bike (the Fetish). Since, I've received a VERY nice road bike as a gift (the Colnago, thanks again Jerry). Yes. That's right. I recieved a free Colnago. How can there be a dilemma when a Colnago is involved?

You may also remember that I built a single speed a while back to commute on (the Nishiki). I really like the bike, but since the parts are mostly used it requires a lot of maintenance - the wheelset is completely shot. The headset should probably be replaced too, but I'm less worried about that. My plan was to put the wheelset I bought for the Fetish on the Nishiki, but it turns out the rear wheel spacing is off by 4mm.

Lets review: I have a bike that's too nice to ride to school, a bike that's too crappy to ride to school, and 1/3 of a bike in pieces around the house. The last few months I've been riding Mindy's road bike to school; however, the weather is getting nicer, and she would like to go on rides with Kyle during the day.

The optimal solution is cheap, requires little maintenance, and leaves me with few extra bikes/parts. I could:
1) Buy crappy parts and put them on the Fetish.
2) Buy nice parts & put them on the fetish to (a) sell or (b) commute on.
3) Buy a cheap wheelset to put on the Nishiki and continue to ride it.

Feel free to tell me I whine too much, and give your input.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

What if it comes back to haunt me like Strongbad's old computers?

11:50 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

WWSD?

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home