Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Time and time again

I somehow convinced my boss to let me write a program from scratch that does nearly the exact same thing as a program we already have.

Why would anyone want to do such a thing?
1) I like coding.
2) The current program is pretty much unmanageable. It's hard to read, comments are few, and it's been edited enough times that entire blocks of code are not useful.
3) Computer time is not cheap. I don't mean we have to pay to use our own computers - I mean it currently takes nearly 8 hours to run a series of simulations. I'm hoping the new revision will be fast enough to convince the boss to switch to it entirely.
4) Have I mentioned I like coding? There is something about looking at my new code and comparing it to the current code that brings an inner warmth. You should try it. If you need some bad code, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home