Friday, July 22, 2005

Creation Mega-Conference

Ronald Bailey went to the Creation Mega-Conference this week. (I know, I am as amazed as anyone that creationists hold a "scientific" conference) I almost wish I could have been there. He reports on it here, here and here. A quote:
"...the conferees were a bunch of decent people trying to make sense of the world and live good lives. The deeply saddening thing is that these decent people have come to believe they have to reject modern science in order to do so."
That pretty much sums up my thoughts regarding most 6-day creationists.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neal337 said...

Agreed : it is sad if your standard creationist feels he must give up scientific knowledge in order to accept creation - in my humble opinion, it tends to run more the other way.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I dunno about the 'liberal' tag, but if you like that I may have more brewing that you like.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home